View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 03:52 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I love all of the Quilters Dream battings, I also use many Hobbs batting. Dream wool is wonderful! ( and the quilts launder beautifully, the Hobbs wool does too. Dream poly is great for kids, & utility quilts, holds up great through lots of use. Start yourself a ( batting journal) there are so many available to try these days. I started mine about 12 years ago. Each *new* batting I try I write down the name/ brand of it, where I bought it and the price. Then the care instructions and quilting requirements ( some battings need to be quilted ever 2", others allow up to 10" between quilting lines.) Any other information I want to add -like how it feels then I take it out, or odor... and I cut a 6" square of the batting and add it with the large index card the info is written on. After I use the batting I add any additional information, how it was to work with, if I liked it or not & why - if it might be great for one project but not for another. I do have a few (Never again) in my journal. When it am getting ready to purchase a batting for a particular project I can look through & choose what I want, or when I see one on sale somewhere I can check to see if I've tried it, if I like it or not.