Old 01-05-2015, 07:55 AM
paintmejudy

Wow and wow again is all I can say. You guys are incredible. I haven't been on this hread for over a month, and just spent a bunch of time reading posts and looking at all your gorgeous quilts. So many thingss to comment on, but everyone seems to have said it all. Only thing I can contribute is I get gas lately for $1.99/gallon but I shop at Fry's Grocery, a Kroger company, and you get points for shopping that can be used at the gas pump. Last time I filled up the end of December I had points to take $1.05 off my gas bill -- woo hoo! But Got the high point count from all the Thanksgiving and Christmas groceries.

I too am not doing the BH mystery. Way too many little pieces, hate working with them. I read the first couple clues and am not a fan. But I do love to look at her scrappies. Someone made a comment that even tho' lots of the gals were unhappy, but there wasn't negitivity on the BH thread --BH posted something in the very beginning about no whinning. So maybe someone is in charge of eliminating negative comments.

So ... 5 days and we are ready to roll again! I am so excited, I love this new quilt and hope you will, too. I have once again designed this so it can be worked in units -- we will make one unit, and you can double, triple, quadruple, or even 6 units to make a king quilt. And those of you who aren't going to start cutting until Saturday -- that is the way to do so. You never know what I am going to use, why cut unless you can use it.

My system to more or less control my scraps is to cut certain thing I use a lot of. If I have a small piece it goes in a box and then when I feel like working on it, I cut squares, 2-1/2'' strips, and 1-1/2'' strips. Then I have all those lovely scrappies when I feel like diving into the boxes of pre-cut scraps.

See you all Saturday morning!