Old 01-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Design wall....LOL, Sunliten!! Try 'design bed' or 'design floor" and you're at my house! Seriously, the sewing room WAS clean, but now it's ummm...a tad messy. But that won't matter, because on the train, we'll have everything we need and lots of goodies to chow down! See you all then!
I tried the 'design bed' and the 'design floor'. Didn't work very well when I had a 7 1/2 lb black blur of poodle in the middle of it. She really enjoyed rolling on it before it was sewn together, and couldn't understand why I was upset. I was sitting one day feeling sorry for myself and thought, "There isn't anyone who is going to care if I put a few staples in the wall." I am a widow and there is simply no one I have to answer to. So, I took some batting and some white flannel and the staple gun and made a place for me to put my design pieces. I was very thankful I did when I started this flannel Carpenter's Star. I would have a pile of mess that I would be stomping on if it weren't for that flannel wall. It is saving my sanity this time.