View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 05:24 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
Sure I want to make it my own...but not everyone can mentally envision how the quilting will look. I think my problem is that I might have an idea of what I want, but not sure how to execute it. For instance, I am trying to figure out what I want to do with my current quilt. I think I want a flower in the 16-patch block, but not sure how to tie it in with the 4-square/star sashing blocks. Plus I sometimes get stumped on what path to get from one place to another.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505372[/ATTACH]
On the pic you showed...for example.......I do a lot of " planning" on scribble paper....I go to goodwill, but school notebooks cheap and those become my albums of ideas.......or practice sheets....on some quilts one cannot do a continuous pattern all the time....your 16patch could have a flower, or whatever, and then something else in the sashes...maybe traveling from one to the other in one of the seams. But, a lot of the times I will do each element, tie off and move on...sort of like a stop lite....just to look, check for lint.....or just admire your progress......I also use a magna doodle, another goodwill find, for doodles.....just my way....