Old 01-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Patchesnposies

My thanks to everyone who complemented me on my swap package, I appreciate all of the kind words. Having small projects that are easy to complete, and tailoring them to suit their intended person, are just right for me. Too much more and I could get overwhelmed and discouraged. This way I am motivated to doing something creative, which is very cathartic for me. All of this practice is wonderful! lol I am just grateful to be able to sew again.

Pat, I did not make any of these doilies. I have collected old linens, lace, handkerchiefs and, of course, doilies since I was a young woman. In my youth I did make doilies, but my hands won't cooperate any more. But that's okay. I even keep linen remnants because you can always cut away the stained or torn parts and use the good (lacey, embroidered, appliqued) parts and turn them into something else. They call that re-purposing now a days, we just call it making do or being frugal! lol

Rosemary, I am praying for you , too. Please let us know how you are doing when you feel well enough.