Old 01-17-2015, 07:03 AM
paintmejudy

Default Week 2 clue

As I mentioned last week, today you will need light and medium light fabrics. Take your assembled piles, keeping the light and med. light separate as you go along.

Start with your lightest pile. Cut 24 blocks that measure 3-7/8’’, then cut on the diagonal to make 48 triangles. Put in one pile. I find it easiest to stack 4 pieces of scrap fabric on a small piece of cutting mat, and square off two sides. Rotate the mat without moving the fabric; then, put down the ruler on the 3-/78’’ mark and cut the remaining two sides. Then without moving the fabric, cut on the diagonal, and put these pieces in a separate pile.

Repeat the above with 24 pieces from your other stack, the medium light.

don't forget what I said last week about being able to use the wrong side of the fabric if you don't have enough lights.

Put the piles facing you as shown, then pick one from each pile and sew as shown. Do not make matching pairs. As you can see, I paired the 2 green triangles with 2 different lights. You will have 48 of these triangles.

Press carefully so as to not stretch the bias edge. Cut off the dog ears. Set aside.

And off you go to the cutting mat. Teaching a class at my LQS this morning, so will check in with you later in the day. Have fun!
Attached Thumbnails 2-.jpg   2-b.jpg   2-c.jpg  

Last edited by paintmejudy; 01-17-2015 at 07:19 AM.