View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 09:35 PM
KSue

A few years ago I was overwhelmed with my sewing room being a mess. I finally got it all organized and felt pretty good about sewing in there. Then my daughter wanted me to sew some Christmas pajamas for everyone. Needless to say my tidy room ended up being a total mess - got that cleaned up and now I have my own mess again with scrap bags full of stuff. Also my house ended up becoming a total mess because I like to sew more than I like to clean house. Long story short - I am getting my house back to order a little bit at a time. I started on one bathroom/bedroom and go from there. I make weekly visits to the thrift store to donate stuff (thank goodness it is close by). I just made up my mind to start getting rid of things I no longer need or use. Get rid of the clutter, etc. So slowly but surely it is coming along.

I would start with the books, and magazines and patterns. If you don't use them - donate them. Same with the high loft batting - if you are not going to use it - donate it. Next the gadgets and the fabric. Same story.

Also, I would box or bag my things up for give away and put by my front door and when I got a pile I loaded it into my little Rav4 and drive straight to the thrift store. Hope this helps. Good luck to you.