Old 01-22-2015, 07:36 AM
mhollifiel

One more thing! Have you seen Bonnie Hunter's deboning shirt video? She can completely disassemble a man's shirt in about 7 minutes! That will help save you lots of time. Here's the link:
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/...irt-movie.html
Hope this helps those of you who are in the amazing "recycle cotton shirts for quilts group" who haven't seen it. Also consider that there are other clothing items that are all cotton, the right weight, and suitable for quilts. I have recently lost 130 pounds (bariatric surgery) and bought thrift store clothing as I rapidly descended in weight. I chose pieces that I could recycle into quilts wherever possible. And I have some nice textures from light weight cotton pants that will give an extra sensory touch to these quilts. I do a lot of tops for Project Linus and comfort quilts for the wheelchair bound. Reginalovesfabric is spot on about leaving the pockets, labels and buttons on as it does make the quilt more fun and more sensory. I always try to make my quilts as touchy feely as I can because often recipients are stuck in bed, in wheelchairs, or are visually impaired.
What a great thread!!