Thread: RV Quilting
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 08:15 AM
jeanne49

When I was a dispatcher I had a woman who went in the truck with her husband, now these were over the road truckers so there was a sleeper berth. All the kids were grown and all over the country so she decided she wanted to be with her husband and while driver all over they could get to see their kids. But to get to the point, she loved sewing and actually had a sewing machine and all her supplies that were kept stored under the bed when not in use. This lady actually made a wedding dress while her husband was driver cross country. I never sew the set up but he made her a table and a small ironing space to do her projects then when they stopped for the day she packed everything away. If they had a layover she could really get some sewing done. I honestly don't know how she did what she did - I've been inside those trucks with sleeper cab, and there's room but not that much room. She unfortunately passed away earlier this year, they were some of my favorite people when i was dispatching.