View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Patrick

Originally Posted by Barb M
Well Barbara, you didnt do anything wrong. You not only told everyone in your post the name of the pattern, but also where it could be found. You gave full credit to Patrick. And then you were generous enough to say that you were finished with this pattern, and would be happy to gift it to someone here. You weren't planning on making photocopies, etc. Not only that, Patrick then came on here, and managed to give himself some nice free advertising, making sure that he posted his website. Pretty good deal huh Patrick, don't you think? I think so. Not only that, i find everyone here is usually very careful to give full credit to where a pattern came from, and where it can be purchased from. That's because we are a great group of caring and honest people.
Sounds like someone has a chip on their shoulder. I never accused Barbara of doing anything wrong. However, she was offering to swap, which is trading for something in return, not gifting. Reasonable, informed, and respectful quilters simply don't do this.

I really don't need any free advertising and came here to see if this was another forum I'd like to belong to. I keep in touch with my audience and industry friends in many ways.

In any case, know your legal rights and respect others'.