View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Lorisplace

Default Warm hello from florida

Hi ,my. Name is Lori .I haven't quilted yet. Purchased bernina 560 six months ago,and learning to sew small items.have just joined group day ago,but have been on web site before.i went to my second quilt show,and will be going to vero beach show on valentines day.iI wouldent have never guessed I'd be on way learning to quilt. Here's how it began. I'm a private ( semi. Retired) nurse. I take a lady out for day from assisted living complex.pearlin's always busy quilting,morning to night,useing her cardboard templates.i tryed to find every quilt shop in central fl,to take her to. I would admire the colors in all the quilts we would see. I asked pearlin what did she think of shop,as we left it. She commented ,she was wondering when I was taking her there. (She has dementia,)but you know it was worth the moments she enjoyed.im so blessed,I take something special from each patient,and will alway remember my friend pearlins interest in quilting inspiring me.now if I can just get the nerve to start.