Thread: Would you!?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
Okay so I checked out the HappyCrafters.Net and they definitely are the answer to what I need however, now I have 2 problems biggest problem is that I'm scared of mailing the tops (although I have done this before). Secondly I decided to try to do the quilting on my DSM and I just don't know what went wrong but I was doing a meander all of a sudden it started dragging, like I was having a really tough time moving the top. I checked everything, cleaned all visible lint out changed the needle even put the feed dogs up to clean and then back down, nothing helped. The stitches got so tiny it was nightmarish getting them out, but I did get them out only to have it happen again and again. I even tried a different machine the stitches are just so different I have done one row and the beginning of the second what should I do rip it all out and send it off? I seriously just want to have these done so I can move on to my next project. BTW I forgot to tell you the pattern is the BQ 2.
Are you using a walking foot? If so, the spring inside the walking foot could be shot. When this happens, the foot no longer feeds the quilt properly.

Honestly, if I were you, I would just pick out those stitches and mail the tops to the longarmer. The safest way is probably to put both into the smallest priority mail box the post office has (the priority boxes are free; you just pay the postage). I think they come automatically with tracking, so you can track the package to its destination.