Old 02-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Notwendy

Smile

I'm still feeling my way as to what I MUST have and what is nice to have. It changes due to mood/project.

So far starch and glue are at the top of the list each time and I iron everything before, during and after. Starch, starch and more starch - I make my own with corn starch, cheap vodka (to prevent mold) and orange scent. I also love glue basting so glue bottles and glue sticks are a constant but I'm not brand loyal.

I can't ban the kitties (loft apartment).

I need better lighting - I wish that were a constant.

I change blades and needles as needed and always close my roller blade at the end of each cut (kitties!).

I don't mind music but I don't need it.

I can't have a tv (extremely distractible).

I'm working on doing the leaders/enders and cutting up my scraps regularly. I'm not overly fond of 2.5 inch squares so I'm keeping mainly strips for improv log cabins and the like.

I use Aurifil thread on top and Superior Bottom Line in the bobbin but I could care less about the color. Right now I have orange/purple, gray/purple, bright pink/purple (I wound a bunch of bobbins at once). That said, I'm open to other brands, I just happened to run across a sale and stocked up.

The last constant is having to keep it all picked up and put away. I use a small corner of the kitchen and in a loft there isn't a door to close to hide a mess. The cats also sleep on any fabric if I leave it out (though, if I made them a bed out of the same fabric they would not use it - cats!).

Last edited by Notwendy; 02-02-2015 at 01:22 PM. Reason: additional point