Old 02-03-2015, 10:04 AM
celandine

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
WOW Beautiful Celandine!! I saw them as a kit somewhere - I think the kit was $40-60?? and only had enough for a couple?? Thought they were quite costly - does it really take that much in materials to make?? and are they time consuming? I ask because if not would love to recommend making them for our guild boutique in September!
Gus
That's a pricey kit! I think I ultimately calculated that each ornament cost me roughly $2 - $3 to make. I bought the Styrofoam balls in 6 packs, and used a lot of my stash for the fabric. It takes about 40 - 60 candies to make the ornament. (The more complicated the pattern = more fabric). Once I got groovin' I was using even smaller pieces of fabric (about 1 1/2" by 2 1/2") to make my fabric stretch. I got lucky, because my mom used to make beaded ornaments and she gave me tons and tons of the tiny straight bead pins. (i went through a lot! Each piece of fabric took at least three pins!) Ribbon was the costliest - i wrapped it around the middle to hide the raw edges and some on top for embellishment.

It took me about an hour to complete each one. I might have a pdf pattern for the ornaments that I am more than happy to share with any of you if you'd like it! Once you get the basics, it's fun to make up your own designs!