Old 02-04-2015, 07:10 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
Here in WV we have a "Road Kill" cook off contest. Like a box of Cracker Jack you never know what you are going to get. Suppose to be a big event but never have attended.
Ha ha ha - now I have to tell our road kill story.
I was at work and got the call from DH - we got a deer! bring ice, cling wrap, zip bags, and what not. OK. not a lot of time for a long call... So I got home... we had just built a garage and there is DH and his buddy with the deer hung from the new rafters hosing the deer - blood going all over the new garage. ggggrrrrr.... Then I find my then 8 year old son in his room crying for the deer. DD thought they should han the deer head on the wall the 8 year old is imitating the limp deer - nope it won't hang on the wall... LOL THEN I get more of the story. The NEW (from the city no less) neighbor lady saw the deer go down so she called the Ranger - the Ranger told her it would be ok the people (us) across the street would EAT it. She really wigged out. She thought the Ranger would give it a decent burial I guess. Well we did eat the deer and it WAS good. It took about 6 months before the lady across the street would speak to us. One morning DS woke up and saw the geese the lady fed every day laying in her driveway. Someone had shot them in the head. He looked at the lady and said nobody should shoot a critter they weren't going to eat. She was ok after that. Go figure. Then she adopted a stray dog and she had him walk the dog - they became fast friends. We got part of another deer one time. Some how he got into a fancy restaurant and trashed the place - somehow they got the deer shot and we got one of the legs - it was good, too.