View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Snooze2978

As I live in a small town with limited access I order my batting thru my fabric store in a town about 7 miles out. I order a roll at a time and have hung it on a large dowel rod over my cutting table so it doesn't take up room. Then when I'm ready to cut a piece, I just pull the end down over the cutting table, measure the size I need and cut. I use batting tape to iron my extra cutoffs together for a future quilt. All my quilt tops, backings and battings are hung on a rod until I'm ready to finish them. On a sheet, I write down the size of the quilt, size of the body and borders. Also add what size for the batting and backing I need as well as the binding. Once I have these cut to size, I check mark it so I know its done. I've cut twice in the past and don't want to do that again. When I have the quilting layout figured out, I print it out and pin it to the quilt top too. I guess I'm anal about keeping organized but I seem to be forgetting things these days.

Anyway back to the subject at hand, when I see I'm getting low on batting I put in another order to my fabric store.