View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 PM
MistyMarie

Originally Posted by greeley-gal
Just noticed a Western Slope (CO) person here too. I spend time in Gunnison - have a small condo there. IF I want to sew or quilt there I have to be sure I have everthing I need as there is NO place to purchase any sewing goods. Wally World eliminated their fabric and the only quilting store closed about 5 years ago.
C
I lived in Gunnison for years. My parents moved there when I was only a couple of months old. We lived in a little house off Boulevard for five years. We moved to Colorado Springs, but I returned to Gunnison for a couple of years to go to college. I still have many friends that live down there. My uncle married a local and her parents still live there. Glenn and Pauline Chinery. I lived out by Parlin for a year too. I used to ride my horse all over the hills around there and my dad and the men in my family hunt up there every year. I love that area of the state. However, I do not miss the cold at all! Whenever I think it is cold here, I watch the news and think how happy I am that I don't still live in Gunnison.

My parents live near Salida, so I get to escape up to the mountains every so often, but it is not nearly as cold there as in Gunnison. BTW - There is a new quilt/yarn shop in Salida. The quilt shop in Poncha Springs closed a few years ago, so it is good to see another one open up.