Old 02-09-2015, 07:58 PM
sewplease

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Sewplease (Laura), what kind of doggies are yours in your avatar? They are adorable!
Ready for a story? :-)
They are miniature pinschers or minpins. They are rescues I found online at a shelter north of Houston (I live south of Houston). They are an elderly pair that had always lived together and were left at a kill shelter for whatever reason. The staff had kept them for 2 months but their time was running out. I thought who else would want them and drove an hour to get them. One of my 20+ yo sons went with me for the ride...a friend had borrowed my dog crate and I thought he could hold them on the way home. When we got there a sign said any animal dropped off that day would be euthanized. So sad. The shelter was FULL and they were frantically trying to give cats away, too. My son decided then he wanted a cat. I'm thinking no way, but finally agreed thinking the ride home would be very interesting to say the least, but it was amazing - the two dogs slept on the back seat and the cat sat on my son's lap purring...not a bark, growl, or meow all the way home.
Max is the black male and is rather large. Xena is smaller and older, I think. I will have them three years this summer. :-)

Edited to add: The cat is the sweetest, best cat ever, and lives happily with my son and his two dogs.

Last edited by sewplease; 02-09-2015 at 08:02 PM.