View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 12:10 PM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
lorli - I love my June Taylor Shape Cut Plus Ruler (big square ruler with slits)! I use it all the time! It is used to cut almost any size strips from your fabric. A lot of quilts use 2", 2 1/2" or larger fabric strips.

Here is a video on how to use this ruler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pETsJf2nNQE
lorli I totally agree with JeanieG I really like my June Tailor Shape Cut Plus Ruler. I did use some Christmas money and buy the Creative Grids Strip Cut Ruler, much the same as the June Tailor however the plastic is much sturdier/thicker than the June Tailor. I like both.

People who have had issues with the June Tailor having the slots move and then they didn't get straight cuts, I learned again on this board if you take your 24" long ruler and lay along the slot it keeps the thinner plastic of the June Tailor being moved and keeps it in alignment.

I don't find watching videos a sign that a tool is too complicated at all and I for one am so thankful for all the videos that demonstrate the proper use of the tools I use. At my age I admit to being forgetful and those videos keep me in tune :0) Another reason I'm a BIG FAN of Creative Grids as they, I think, have a video for every one of their tools.