Thread: Twilight Fiesta
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 07:47 PM
ladypetite

Default Twilight Fiesta

Always wanted to make a Stack 'n Whack so when a class came up not too far away, I jumped at the chance. I was "told" to buy wild and crazy fabric and that I would need to purchase enough for 8 pattern repeats. Went to Hobby Lobby and picked out the wildest fabric I could find.....unfortunately, the repeats were 25 inches apart so I had to get 7 yards of it. When I got up to the checkout, I realized I had just purchased some of the most expensive fabric Hobby Lobby carries.....$11.99 py. !! Thank goodness I brought my 40% off coupon!!! I even had to return to get 3 more yards of this wild and crazy fabric.

Fun ....Fun...class! The pattern is out of Bethany Reynolds book Magic Stack-n-Whack Quilts, called Half-Square Triangle Magic. Loved the block but wanted a different setting that I had seen on the internet. All I had to go by on how to set the blocks was a teeny tiny black & white picture. But I loved the Triple sashing and the 9-patch cornerstones.

It turned out a lot bigger than I had envisioned. I thought it would be a queen size but it is actually 91x112. I am giving it to my Granddaughter.
Attached Thumbnails 2015-quilts03.jpg   2015-quilts02.jpg