View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 04:53 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by just joan View Post
I don't even have a cell phone. One of my pet peeves is to see have people in the stores in line talking on a phone while unloading their carts. What can be so important?
Short note to let you know that you are not the only one. The only reason I got one was my husband was ill at the time and I got one in case of an emergency. He died two years ago and like I said earlier, the only time I have it (but don't use it) is if I am on a trip (longest being 101 miles from home). I also had said, if God wanted us to walk around with a phone up to our ear, He would have put one there in the first place. I think they are rude, dangerous for sure, unnecessary - you cannot put a child or teenager up to a keyboard and have them type the way we can type. I still try for 80 words per minute. And I'm 76. I use all ten fingers too. Might hurt from arthritis, but I use all ten fingers. And I can spell. Words!!!! not antonyms. What is worse than customers unloading carts is people waiting on you and they are on the cellphone. I have mentioned that several times. Mainly in a service station (filling station to us oldies). Impolite, another word of description. Enough, I have to tie a quilt and make me some breakfast and let the dog out and take the cover off the birds.

Have a good day. Edie