Old 02-21-2015, 05:54 AM
Judi in Ohio

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Well, yesterday I was happy, minding my own business cutting strips for additional blocks when all of a sudden I sliced my index finger with the rotary cutter. Didn't hurt at 1st and didn't start to spurt blood either till after I realized what I had done. I'm so glad too as I was working on off-white fabric. Went to the bathroom to wash the injury and put some pressure to it. It took quite some time to stop the bleeding. Even got an ice cube to see if that would help..........nope. It took over 30 minutes to get it to stop and I was just about ready to hit the ER for possible stitches if it didn't stop soon. I put a double bandage on tightly as it continued to ooze a little. Decided I'd done enough in the sewing room for awhile so left the scene of the accident...........LOL!

Later I came back to finish cutting keeping my fingers out of the way. In all these years I'd never cut myself so don't know why yesterday but its on the mend now. Still hurts a little which is only natural but it sure makes one stop and think about how dangerous it can get in our sewing room.

Also, I should have the additional 10 blocks finished today. The 1st set I did in yellow but they seemed too washed out next to the vivid purple blocks. Doing a couple log cabin style lapquilts for a couple leaving our area.
There is a discussion in another thread about the Slidelocks and how they prevent such accidents with your rotary cutter. I love these things and they do help.