View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 03:17 PM
ube quilting
Power Poster

Default My Brain on Fabric

This quilt has been on my design wall for over two years and I finally , finally got the urge to finish it.

There was a bit of trouble when I got to the point of adding the circles to the center of each block. The original pattern was to have complete circles but could I do that, noooooo! Trying to sew the purple centers on proved to be a problem when they just wouldn't play nice with all the seams and they never looked like circles. Then the corner blocks presented another issue as to how to get them in place in one piece.

After two years of looking at it and mulling, and chewing on it, the solution came to me and so here it is.
By opening up the seams I was able to slip an applique circle into place and hand sew them.

The first picture: When the problem started.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511236[/ATTACH]

Here is the finished top and Now to figure out how to quilt it, Suggestions are very welcome:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511237[/ATTACH]

A close up of the center

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511238[/ATTACH]

Thanks for looking and I consider this UFO finished, for now. purple borders and scrappy binding!
peace
Attached Thumbnails circle-circle.-xmas-2012-016.jpg   dsc05638.jpg   dsc05642.jpg  

Last edited by ube quilting; 02-22-2015 at 03:21 PM.