View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 08:27 AM
romanojg

I love Viking and Babylock. I bought a Viking this past yr, a demo at such a great low price I couldn't resist. Its second in line to their top one. Self adjusting tension, the works and easy to thread. Then I went to a serger demo for Babylock thinking I'd get some new ideas on using mine. Well I fell in love with the new Ovation and the wave stitch. Knowing I could easily get my 500 back for my Viking, it sells for way over 1,000 and since I never registered it it should still have orginal warranty so I bought the Ovation. I love it; I have been taking classes and so far I've done two jackets, a heirloom nightgown, a table runner with decrotive stitching, in the process making a log cabin using fleece, it lays so nice and goes together so fast. Next month we are doing a tote. All of these are done 100% on the serger. our teacher says, yes she knows alot of this stuff can be done on a regular machine but since its a serger class we use it. Love my serger and hopefully soon I'll take the time to list my Viking serger for sell. Unlike a sewing machine or my emb I don't see the need for two sergers. Go to classes, watch you tube, etc and you'll be surprised at what you can do. I also have been making lots of fleece throws for my kids, grandkids, etc and its so much easier than a machine. Either machine will be great, check out the features and what all is available and find out what you like. If possible, buy from a dealer who will give classes and be there when needed.