View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by ctmhjenn
That is just appalling! To destroy merchandise so no one can use it, or to just throw it away..I can't believe that Walmart woud do that, but I suppose they figure that if they can't sell it then NOBODY should have it. You are also right, jobs in the states are all going overseas for cheap labor, and the products are being shipped in faster then WE producers ship them out. So, we support all the other countries EXCEPT our own...Look for the American Made label. You may pay more, but you are supporting a home grown product.
Actually, I heard a humorous (from my point of view anyway) news story concerning upset workers in Mexico. They are furious that their jobs by American companies are now being outsourced to China. One gentlemen stated in an angry voice that American Companies have no loyalty. Duh! If they did they wouldn't have outsourced OUR jobs to Mexico to begin with! :P It's all about the almight dollar and customer service or decently made goods rarely figure in to that equation.