View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 09:48 AM
Pagzz

I am enjoying this thread but I want to clarify something. Just because I agree with the original post and want to manage all my quilty stuff better doesn't mean I don't have joy and creativity in my quilting. I know of adults who have had to deal with their parents estates and I don't want mine to be one of those nightmare situations .... I think of this thread as ideas not an either you are organized and lifeless or creative and devil may care. Years ago on Stashbuster's yahoo group someone wrote "what good is having the perfect purple fabric if you can't find it when you need it?"

Each of us is an individual. Maybe I am more conscious of what I leave behind because I have had cancer. I am single. My siblings live 1500 miles from me. My DIL is 500 miles away. My ex brother in law collapsed in a store with a stroke at 64. He had to take immediate retirement and go into a nursing home for 5 weeks rehab. He is doing better but will have limited mobility when he returns home. I am not trying to be SusySourPuss, but I have always been independent so these are things that I am concerned about. I look ahead and don't want my stuff to be a disorganized gargantuan burden. To me it is the same as I want a file with pertinent insurance information together and handy in case one of my love ones needs to come and help me with something so now I am thinking the same with my stash....