View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Bethy

Cutebuns, I'm very sorry that I grouped all employees into having no pride, because I know for a fact that there are so many who do have pride in their work and treatment of their customers. I've found that some seem to mean all, when in fact is not true. Please excuse my miss statement and because of my negation of your pride in your employment. That said, Walmart is eating up, because of the low prices, our smaller businesses. And, I believe some of the stuff the now provide, they are suspending. Unfortunately, it seems that it is the fabric and most of the sewing craft materials that we as quilters use. While I personally have seen as I have grown into my quilting pride is that some of the material which was the only material that I could afford if I was going to get to sew. Now I've found that their material isn't as good and has a cheaper quality than in the Quilt stores still around. I did hear an owner of one of the quilt stores I go to, was talking on the phone to someone who was wondering what to charge for a quilt she was selling. After the phone conversation, the owner knew that these friends had heard her side of the conversation, and she explained that she could not give the answer because she didn't know what fabric she used and there is a difference in where the material is bought. These ladies were women who had quilted many more years than I agreed and added that material from Walmart was much cheaper in quality in their opinion, then what would be in a quilt store. After contemplation of listening to their talk, I felt embarrassed because I remembered making quilts from the material from Walmart purchase. Walmart allowed me to get into sewing. I considered it all and I do remember how the material felt and how some of the problems I had was due to the quality of the material. Of course, the people I made the quilts for,were excited that I had made whatever for them. So, there you go. I still look at the material and buy some from Walmart. Fortunately for me, I have been in there enough and there seems to be the same couple of girls who wait on me and that seems to make a difference in treatment. Actually, I can say I have good and bad service in many of the Walmarts I visited in different parts of the nation. Quilts make life beautiful and people who make them beautiful, too. Beth :P