View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Debra Mc

Our local store for the most part have some pretty decent people working for them. There are a few idoits but that is true in every place. I found a real pretty piece of fabric the other day. It was a beige with tiny hearts & flowers & green vines. I never could find what it was made of. My friend in fabrics & I had a good laugh because neither one of us had a lighter to try the burn test so I bought a yard anyway. Got it home & tried it. Sure enough it melted. It is pretty & I will just use it to line a bag or something. Would have made a pretty quilt. It is said to see a lot of people buying this to send across the border. Hopefully it will make Ok clothes just not quilts. Back to the employees, the older people are the best employees as they know how the public wants to be treated & remember that an honest days work is an honest days pay. Not to say that all young people are the problem but some just don't know the ways of the world. One of my dear friends in fabric just retired after 20 years & I will sure miss her.