View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 06:03 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by panderz View Post

This is my DH with my first quilt. He's about 6 ft tall and husky so it's a pretty ambious first project. I'm about half way thru actually quilting and have been doing it on the machine but I'm having problems with my vision so I think I will switch to hand quilting. However, here I am again getting ahead of myself because I have never even been able to sew a button on a shirt. So i guess my question is Do I still use a 14 or 16 gauge need but one for hand stitching instead of a machine or is there a whole new set of rules I need to learn?

Thankk you for taking the time to read.

<3 Mandi <3
If you have vision problems I would think handquilting will be more challenging than machine......and also considering you have never done any...there are additional "supplies" you would need.....thread, needles, maybe a hoop.......are you willing to invest....then you will have to do some practicing----that little stitch does not come easily.....at least not for me......so may I suggest ...rest your eyes for a day or two. And then try again....maybe some "magnifying glasses" from Walgreen, Walmart, where ever might help.....and good lighting is also plus! You can finish this! So far so good!