View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 01:39 PM
sewnsewsue

I went and thought that the quilts were amazing though I think the lighting is very poor on the 2nd and 3rd floors. I loved the "Wicked" competition quilts and the Red and White quilt exhibition on the 3rd floor. The 2nd floor exhibit of quilts made with old fabrics and old quilts was interesting too.
I do think that there were fewer vendors than other years but there were still plenty! I don't feel that I missed anything! I drove to the show and parked at the Marriott, I think it's the Penn Square parking facility. It costs $7 if you get your parking ticket validated. It was crazy crowded on Thursday, waited until mid afternoon to actually have room to really SEE the quilts up close.
I think driving in the old part of Lancaster is not fun but manageable if you use a GPS or if you mapquest it. It is not far, just lots of turns on one way streets. If you miss a turn, just go around the block. I have been going for 10 or 11 years, back when the show was at the Host. The show has changed a lot, some years better than others. I enjoy the vendors as there are very few quilt shops in my area. One of the biggest reasons that I go is to see the quilts. The variety is amazing, traditional and modern, thread painting and applique, think of any technique and you will see a superb example of that displayed.
I love the variety of goods that I see on my trip. I really love the machine dealers at the show. They offer great deals during the show and you can try everything! I also love the batting booths- I love that I can buy big squares of wool and silk for fifty cents. It's a great way to try new things and see demos of things that you may be thinking of purchasing. I purchased fabric and wool. I always get thread at YLI- Marathon,Superior,and Wonderfil all have great booths. I shop at the Continental as well as other Lancaster shops.
I had a great time, sorry that others didn't.