View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 04:08 AM
Onetomatoplant

This was my first year going and I really enjoyed it. I went with a friend who was taking longarm classes each day, so we were there for the whole show. I was able to look around when it wasn't too busy. There were a lot of longarm booths! We both really enjoyed going to the local shops and eating at the smorgasbords (what's not to love?). I grew up just north of York, and hadn't been to Lancaster in over 30 years - man, has it changed! It's really beautiful and so fun and hip now!

Ok, so riddle me this, Batman. There was a booth selling already made quilted items. At a quilt show. I can maybe see people buying purses because maybe they're intimidated at the thought of zippers (that would be me), but they had quilt squares framed to look like pictures. I didn't check the price, but I couldn't help but wonder why a quilter would buy something they could, and do, so easily make?

Many of the quilts were really beautiful, but some were just ho hum.

I may check out the Hershey quilt show - I have friends/family in the Harrisburg area and could stay with them for the Hershey show.