Old 01-10-2010, 05:25 AM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by Riversong
I strive to be as "perfect" as I can if it's for someone else.For personal use,I am more relaxed ...
i think we all do the best we can in hope of achieving the human equivalent of perfection. the questions are:

1. what's our personal gabooble point? how much imperfection can we tolerate in our own work before the stitch-picker (aka seam ripper) comes out?

2. how many attempts will we make to fix something before we accept it as it is? (i employ the 3-strikes method. if it's still not right enough after 3 tries, i either use it the way it is or toss it into the trash.)

3. how hard do we kick ourselves for making mistakes in the first place? how big a mistake rates a kick?

my answers to those questions change from quilt to quilt. they also depend a great deal on my mood at the time.

my heartfelt wish for all quilters - especially those just starting out - is that as our skills improve and the gafarble rate goes down, our acceptance of our humanity and imperfection also goes up. happiness waits for us at the intersection of those two lines. ;-)