View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 03:06 PM
zozee

ThE Edit option WouldN't let mE make changes after 20 minutes. I didn't notice the screwy wording till after that time limit passed. There are two lines near the bottom that are inverted, but you may have figured that out. If you thought my typing was bad, have you seen my quilting? Lol

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Thank you al so much for taking time to encourage me with your thoughts, advice, empathy, and laughs. I did start the year with the word Embrace" as my theme, so I am going to embrace all your suggestions this year.

1. I have played around with FMQ and really like it but am needing a lot more practice. i will make some placemats for home use that will be my practice projects.
2. I will use my current charity doll quilt, which will have appliqué butterflies on it, to experiment with hand quilting in the negative space. I have a hoop which might be 12"? There's a lot of blue sky in the background .
3. Like a few of you, I want to feel connected and in control of the whole quilt as much as possible. So I won't. Be sending anything to a LA until I am out of my comfort zone completely with the size.
4. I have no desire at all to buy a machine larger than a 11" throat. I'd rather feel a tad disconnected in the quilting phase than to buy a mid arm or larger.
5. Never tried QAYG but the thought of feeling farther along sooner rather is appealing. I'll try it.
6. I'm not sure I'd want a machine that only does straight Line stitching. I do like how
sorry if I forgot any other recommendations.

My mechanical Brother runs when piecing, though....

YOU ALL HAVE BEEN A BIG HELP. THANK YOU!