View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 05:51 PM
sherian

I make my Dad bandanas bibs. They are liked by nursing home and others. They are simple. Triangle bandanas - wrap top triangle with ribbon press and sew down. Covers full chest and lap. He has dogs, army, flag, music, etc.
I was just ask by the office staff to make them for sale. People want them, they are great not like a bib to them but what do you have or today look what I have. I think it cost 5.00 to make and I sell for profit to help me make cancer
blankets for friends and snack for nurses. I sell for 8.00. - 10.00 dollars. I have sold before and found it to always put me in the hole. Selling for 2.00 or 3.00 over cost. There is always Someone who does not want that color or I thought it would be different or to dark, light etc. I washed it in bleach and so on. Then I need a free replacement, and so on,I put 5.00 on a hour worth of work. It is not hard, but covers some of the things that happen, the sewing thread, needles, and the cleaning of machine each year. My friend charge 8.00 per hour. She said that the least you get paid at a job. I don't know, my brother said
you will always be working and never make anything. It is true but I really do it to help them and help with the washing and changing of clothes for family less laundry and stained clothes. You can go down on price if needed, but to go up after starting at price is hard.
I will not get to make a lot of money. Just to make money to give back, I hope.