View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 08:39 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Honestly if it were me I would just keep the crescendo and get an ellisimo because to me you will not get the value of your crescendo and the destiny/ dream machine are way overpriced IMHO I was wanted to see what I would get as I have the brother version of the unity and it would still cost me close to 10k. you can get a quattro/ellisimo now for around 5k and keep you machine. All you would be gaining to me is the extra hoop size and the scanning feature If you find that is worth an extra 5-6k go for it but I just don't see it being worth that much when you can get digitzing software for way less. I do love my dreamweaver combo(unity on the babylock side) and am currently waiting for them to upgrade to the 8inch hoop, once they do that honestly I will have no interest in the quattro anymore as much as I like the camera feature unless you are doing embroidery daily it really isn't necessary and I find positioning super easy with my dreamweaver so if you really wanted to save dollars to invest in software and other embroidery supplies, designs I would probably go the unity or spirit if you want to embroider but still be able to sew that is if you don't already have more than one machine. I don't ever sew on my other machine while I embroider but many do. It really boils down to whether you want to spend that kind of money if it is in your budget go for it but also consider the extras you still have to buy, extra hoops, stabilizer, thread, editing software(much better than onboard editing IMHO), designs many don't realize how much extras are involved when buying an embroidery machine. I have used my 5x7 and 4x4 hoop the most I think I have used my 7x12 once. I also love the 6x6 hoop alot