View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 06:07 AM
mckwilter

Bless you, Grann as you fight the good fight. I will think of you daily and say a prayer. Though I have never fought this fight, I know what you mean about having quilting to keep you sane while you fight your battle.

And I congratulate you for teaching your daughter that it's not the amount you spend on something, but what it means to you. Your daughter has shown good taste and wisdom in asking you to make her a one-of-a-kind quilt stitched with love.

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
I love all the replies. So true, so true. It is our passion. People who don't have a passion for something,be it sewing, painting, cooking, whatever, are missing a giant piece of the puzzle of life. I feel sad for people who just sit around and complain of being bored. For the past 6 months I have been dealing with the big C, and quilting has been my lifeline to achieving some form of sanity. I took a quilt in to show the people in the radiation unit what I do to keep sane. Everyone came out of the woodwork, including the art therapist, and my radiology doc. They said how wonderful it was that I had something to keep me going. Quilting is an art form and an expression of our love.

My daughter is a millionaire, but she wants me to make a quilt for her guest room in her 1790 farmhouse. It thrills me beyond belief that she wants a quilt made with my loving hands. What better expression of love can there be for anyone, than something made with fabric and thread. It doesn't even have to be an elaborate work of art, it is a work of love.