View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 05:33 PM
NewGuy

Hi all. I've been reading for a month or so now and finally decided to post something.
I came across a Singer 15 (I think a 15-91 but am not sure) at Goodwill for $19.99 + tax.
It's in a cabinet, that's missing the "front drawer/cover" so that's probably not worth much, but as far as the machine goes, it looks like it's all there. I don't really have room for another machine (in a cabinet) but $20 sounds pretty cheap. I've already got a Singer 401G, a 411G (in a treadle cabinet), and a 1916 model 66. The 66 would turn when I brought her home, now she's sewing like a dream. All it took was about a weeks worth of reading you're discussions and watching a few of your YouTube videos, and about 4 hours worth of cleaning and oiling.

Anyway... The point was, Is a 15-91 (possibly) worth $20? The machine seems to be in pretty good condition, and it all appears to be there. I keep thinking, $20 is cheap, but then I think, "Do you really NEED another machine?"

Appreciate any adivse and will probably buy it Monday if it's still at Goodwill...
Thanks,

NewGuy (and No that's not my real name).