View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 05:26 AM
QBeth

Originally Posted by ladygen
Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by ladygen
Hubby got me the Singer Confidence Quilter - I know, so not up to the caliber so many of you are at, but it's WAY better than my $100 WalMart Singer!
Step by step, machine by machine, we all progress. I don't know how old your avatar is but it looks like you're a mother of at least one youngster. Thinking back to when I was your age, I was using my Pfaff Hobby machine. Not fancy, only 15 stitches but, then again, my skill level matched it. I still have that machine and love it just as much as when I bought it.

Your husband is very sweet to buy you a sewing machine! When you outgrow it, maybe your youngster will want it?!!
He might want it.. but it'll probably go to someone who will use it more immediately than he will - my avatar is just over a year old - my son was 1 in the picture, now he's 2 1/2. I have a feeling I'll outgrow it long before he wants a machine of his own! Yes, my husband is VERY sweet to buy me a machine, and I'm having so very much fun with it! It's even quiet enough to have a conversation over!
Your son is very cute! I was trying to be non-prejudicial/non-sexist?? when I suggested he might want the machine. There are all sorts of reasons why the younger types, boys & girls, might need a sewing machine (e.g., 4-H?). IMHO, I think it's important that children be exposed to "crafty" people, just like it's important (again, IMHO) that they be exposed to pets. Both so enrich our lives. Your little boy is a lucky little guy to have you and your husband as examples!