Old 04-14-2015, 05:39 AM
SingerSewer

Default What do you need before you purchase an embroidery machine?

In the fall the local library will be hosting a program on what you need to know before you purchase an embroidery machine. I will be doing the program along with a few of my machine embroidery friends.

Each of us did extensive research (we thought) before we purchased our machines. The dealers were great and gave each of us way too much credit for knowing a whole lot more than we did. We were so focused on research on the machines that we didn't do sufficient research on software, actually none of us realized we needed it. Stabilizers, thread, designs and many more aspects of machine embroidery surprised most of us.

The program will focus on the purchase of the first embroidery machine and will include information on the accessories necessary to begin with a few of the really want but not absolutely necessary.

One demonstration I would like to do is the same design stitched on from the smaller machine to the large machine. That way we can show the difference in time needed to stitch designs. These will be the regular machines not the multi-thread machines.

Please list what you wish you had known before you purchased an embroidery machine or what you would like to know now.

Thank you for your input and help.