View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 06:32 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
I still want to get a fluorescent with a smaller bulb (so it's a little more directed): My partner can't work on the other side of the table because it's so bright - I'm sewing a black jacket with black thread so very bright is required.
I have a couple of the "Jansjo" lamps from IKEA - they are very small LED gooseneck lamps and I LOVE them for sewing. I have one that I curve the light around from the front of the machine, and another that sits behind throwing light forward. I have to move that second one to the side if I'm doing quilting rather than piecing, but that's easy to do. They have nice bright lights and only cost around $12-15 if I remember correctly. Only thing I DON'T like is that the bulb is not replaceable. If I'd realized that I might not have bought them (because I hate planned obsolescence), but I've had them both over a year with very regular use and so far they're bright as day 1.

DH also has one of the clamp-on variety of the same lamp in the bathroom, he uses it for shaving.