Old 04-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Rhonda Lee

LynnVT, to Kansas from Vermont, wow what a change for you. Yes, the keeping of the neat and tidy for showing a home is so daunting and intimidating. My home is relatively clean and not too cluttered. But, that being said, our agent says it's important to have a very sterile look. Coffee pot, toaster, canisters, and the like are put out of sight when someone tours the house. My sewing studio has a door I can close if need be, not now. When I'm not working on a project things are put away, when I am....everything is out and about. I usually have several things going and so this has been very difficult. Sometimes I think I just need to move all my sewing stuff and not do anything until this house is sold!

I have no idea what to tell you. I am happy to have a place to put the things I'm not using all the time. Maybe a storage unit would be the answer, but that takes extra money and I would not want to be paying for one for the 3 years we've been in this situation.

For so many years I was in the same boat as you. I called it kitchen sewing. That's when I had a house full of children and did much more cooking too. But if there's a will there's a way right? I'm certain you'll find that way. Let us know and good luck to you too. Thank you for your reply.