View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 11:20 AM
Grammahunt

Stitchnripper: yes, yes, and yes

I have a BabyLock Enlighten which I love, love, love! Like Maggie_Sue, I love the jet threading and use my serger all the time. Even for quilting. When I finish quilts I serge the edges (all three layers together) and the binding goes on smoother and tighter. I have made serged quilts too and it works well. I use sewing thread instead of serger thread and the seams are very strong. I like using it for home dec projects but my machine doesn't have a cover stitch which I have found myself wishing I had to numerous times.

I had a serger previously that I had to figure out how to thread--what a mess. It would take me 8 hours to get it threaded and usable. By that time I wouldn't have time to sew so I seldom used it. With the jet air threading I can change threads in just a couple minutes. I love my serger and use it but think I really would use and appreciate more versatility as comes with the Ovation. I have to justify the expense to myself (and no one else) and think I've talked myself into buying it. Thanks.

Last edited by Grammahunt; 04-19-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: clarification