Old 01-11-2010, 12:15 PM
SulaBug

Originally Posted by Sewze
Originally Posted by SulaBug
Hello again everyone,
I just couldn't wait any longer to post a picture of this month's Sunflower block, that I have already made. Enjoy!! :D I am getting anxious to see what everyone else's will look like, too.
Have Fun,
Cheryl
:D :D :D
Hi Cheryl...........well, here is my very first BOM. I made the focus fabric star from retro fabric that I inherited from my Mother's stash when she died. I always wanted to do something 'special' with the fabric and have plans on using it in other BOM's for the quilt. The only problem is that somehow it isn't a 12 1/2" block...it's an 11 & /34" block. Since this is my first block, will this be a problem in the end; or, should I remake the block and try much harder to cut & sew more accurately? I have always been interested in learning how to quilt and have ready many books, magazines, etc., but, was always afraid to give it a whirl because of the preciseness that is necessary. Sewze
Sewze,
You don't have to change the size at all. If you continue to make your blocks all the same size, it won't matter one bit!!
When you are finished the quilt will be for you, so just keep with what you are doing. Your block is darling, I just love it!! :D I am so glad that you have joined all of us in this swap.
:D :D :D :D