Old 04-22-2015, 09:20 PM
jeanne49

I have so many UFO's that it should be a crime. Did a hexagon quilt about 8 years ago, which I appliqued the hexie "flowers" on the background material and want to make bias vines and add leaves to. Something really simple to do, just don't get around to it. Then there is the dresden plate quilt, the plates are appliqued on the background material, need to sew those blocks together, would like to add sashing, but not sure what color I want to use, so that's why this one is not finished. Then there is the Sunbonnet Sue quilt that was started about 9 years ago, and this past year I actually got all the blocks put together, now it needs to be sandwiched and quilted. Then there's the red and black quilt that I saw on a video from The Gourmet Quilter, started about 4 years ago, blocks are done, but they need to be put together. Wanted to try using the setting triangles instead of just placing them straight, but been afraid to finish it. Oh, and then there's the bow tie done in batiks that still needs blocks to be finished, but have been thinking of just using the blocks that are completed and making a smaller quilt. An ex-boyfriend once asked me why I don't finish one quilt before I start another one. Had to explain that the fun part is making a quilt top, the sandwishing and quilting is not so much fun, but the binding is fun, at least for me. Maybe if I had a long arm I would get more quilting done, just can't afford to send all my quilts out to someone to get done. There are many more unfinished projects just tucked away in the sewing room, and others that I have probably forgotten about. Since retiring in Oct. of 2013 I did actually get much of my stuff completed, but then kind of got burned out from all quilting, but I am now getting back into the groove and hopefully will get a few more items finished this year.