Thread: Remember when?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 09:52 AM
dee1245

I remember most of the list. Dry irons, I was thrilled when they came out with steam irons. I had an old pop bottle with the sprinkler stopper to dampen everything before ironing, and the starch was a powder. I still have one of the wringer washers. Love to use it in the summer for towels and bedding and jeans. The only thing wrong, for the jeans is smashing the snap or breaking the buttons when going through the wringer . After the soapy wash was done I filled the washer with water for rinsing. Yes, I do have the rinse tub, but that is where all of the items went before going into the rinse. Then it all went onto the outside clothesline. I used the wash and rinse water for my flower beds as we were on restricted water use from the lack of rain one summer, several years ago. I also have the sad irons for doorstops. My hubby was an antique collector. For sewing, I took home ec and learned to sew on an electric machine then came home and sewed on my moms treadle machine. That was fun. I especially like that I don't have to cut with scissors now. If I did, I probably would not be making quilts. I do like the modern conveniences we have now.

Last edited by dee1245; 04-23-2015 at 10:05 AM.