View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 04:34 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Default The Newspaper is a good resource!

The newspaper is a good resource for estate sales. We get the paper everyday. On Thursday the ads for the different estate sales are listed. In our newspaper are listings of estates hosted by individuals who do it for a living. They have a couple websites you can log on to or sign up for their newsletters/mailing lists. I can get a preview without actually going to the sale. Often you can purchase before you get to the sale by letting them know what you want. It does have to be the day of the sale. Most of these sales start at 7 a.m. I've been to some of the sales at 715 and lost out on a couple sewing machines. They usually have a list of upcoming sales. Couple weeks ahead of time. The 2 sites I go to usually have good descriptions. Each estate is of course different due to the survivors of the estate.
You just might want to check to see when the ads in your neck of the woods begin. You can also Google to see what websites are in your area. Often you can negotiate with the estate to purchase before and probably at a higher price. If you see a website, you may just want to sign up! I enjoy the heads up!!