View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 10:55 AM
Farmhousesewer

Yes, Rodney. Unfortunately, in my experience they don't always have preview, but I have been successful nonetheless.

I am on an email list for one couple who hosts estate sales and was able to purchase a non working 319W for $5. It was sitting in the corner of the garage, not even priced. No accessories or cams & needs a good cleaning, but had controller and decent cabinet although had the standard water damage on cabinet top!

Same couple, I was able to get a Pfaff 30 treadle for half price on day 2. Head had to be replaced, as paint was entirely crackled. Original German manual. Definitely came over on the boat.

I am on another email list that netted me a Wheeler & Wilson. We did not know order of auction. 1st HH item bid on, after condo, and I barely made it. I bid without seeing it or having a number. My husband is a foot taller than I am and he was at the front door as I scooted through the garage. He nodded and I bid!

With local family owned auction houses, I have been successful, only 1 time and I paid too much.

I would love to go to farm auction, but am not necessarily looking for barn fresh machines!

Rodney, Glad you are well enough to post.