Old 01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Bill'sBonBon

I thank you for posting this thread. My first quilts were quillows for Christmas presents for my Children,grnds. friends. I loved it. At the time I was working and had plenty of spending money. Just me and Bill. I bought quilting magazines. Got really into it. Started piecing but was never satisfied with my SID. I am my worst critic, I sewed, ripped sewed. Had to get that stitch right in that ditch. My points had to match or else. Well one day while I was pondering over what to do with a quilt and its points I pickup a quilting magazine and was just looking at the cover. It was one of the more popular quilting mag. I was just gazing at the quilt on the front,which was SID and you know what you could see very clearly where it was out of the ditch. I then pick up some more and looked at them more closely and could see the same. If you look you can see some points arn't exactly right also. I had thought to get your quilt in a popular national quilting Mag. it had to be from a master. NADA!!!!
Now my attitude is I want it to look good and I do take extra steps, that is really not necessary,but makes it stand out and look better. But I don't rip out now if I get out of the ditch. If the point can be tweaked without ripping I will do that. If it is really off to make block wonky I will rip.
I Enjoy what I am doing now that I don't look for perfection. I was always scared someone would see my mistake and say something not nice. LOL!!
BillsBonBon