View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 04:43 PM
msdeluca

Default Greetings From Hickory NC...

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking on this site for a couple of years now and finally decided to join.

My name is Michael and I've been restoring vintage machines for about 3 years now and in the process have taught myself to sew. At first it was to make sure the machines were working properly, but became something that I really enjoy and have made purses and aprons for my wife and daughters, tool bags and straps for my motorcycle, and fixed a ton of stuff that would otherwise have been discarded.

My goal is to keep vintage machines from the landfill and into the hands of people that may find them useful, but I also find myself keeping more than a few for myself. It is becoming a bit of an addiction.

I've also used some of the money I've made restoring machines to purchase a commercial leather machine am making leather belts, sheaths, collars, etc.

My Mom was a fine seamstress and used to make square dance dresses and petticoats. In truth, I never looked at her machines or took any interest at the time.

I'm a licensed general contractor and an accredited interior designer by trade.

Anyway, that is my story and I am looking very forward to sharing with, and learning from, you all.

Michael

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-15-2015 at 02:30 AM. Reason: PM