Old 05-18-2015, 09:08 AM
lynnie
Power Poster

Woop woop!!! got my swap package, so pull up a chair and get a cuppa as I describe it. It came from Linda in Iowa, don't have a screen name, so I will thank you here. Here goes. first off, I was so surprised to get a pkg, I don't know why just am. the package came in one of those fancy mailers you get at the PO. hot pink circles, very Pretty, my fav color is pink. so here's what I got. the cutest little mugrug with a bird house in hot pink against a yellow background. I think it was paper pieced, something I can't do! so...it was greatly appreciated. on the main part was a big flower bunch appliqued, it was quilted in a cross hatch design. the background was a greenish mottles, so it looked like the flowers were jumping off the background. the backing was a pretty kitchen fabric with a coffee pot and other summer goodies, book and lots of flowers. very pretty and great stitchery! it's more of a piece of art than a mugrug, so it might go on the wall, I appreciate all the fine work that was put into this mugrug! then I got a nice angel card with a note from Linda. the cutest little picture frame (mat board) in Wedgwood blue tht says scraps happen. does it go on the fridge or in the sewing room, it's magnetized. rally cute. then I got a washcloth that is hand knit or croched. she said it was Tunisian stitch,whick is crochet, but this is more intricate than crochet. it's made of bamboo yarn. haven't seen that around here, very soft and supple. I really ike this hot salmon colored washcloth. cab't wait to use it tonight. so soft and pretty. she also packd a nice cupcake fabric from Patrick Lose, they each have a candle on it. so cute and pretty. maybe for a placemat for the birthday cake. Whadda ya think???? Then I got a pretty little note pad, but not the run of the mill type. this has a glittery cover on it of a pretty butterfly and flowers, keeping up on the garden theme. it's a little spiral thing that fits perfectly in the purse. it's top spiral bound and a very nice hard cover pad for all those notes we quilters take. Then, last but not the least is this cute little key chain triangle template. it's adorable, and so cute, you'll all be jealous for this for. Lets hope Linda can post a picture. It's about 1 1/4" x 1 1/4"
a little triangle with all the markings on it. it's called an eazy angle. such a wonderful, great swap partner and package. Love all the goodies, and the special mug rug that you made for me. absolutely wonderfull. Christmas came early at my house. Thank You again Linda!